Friday, August 27, 2010

Marriage? Real...or fake?

So, I've been reflecting a bit lately on how many people and friends I know that are getting married or at least are planning a wedding. How do people just "jump" into such a big decision? I dunno. I mean for me, I can't decide between whether I want Reese Puffs or Honey Nut Cheerios for breakfast, let alone whether I really am in love enough with someone to spend my ENTIRE life with them. It's like marriage is no longer a sacred, committed, holy union. It's just...something fun to do. "WOO! I think you're cool...marriage, that would be fun right? I wanna wear a pretty dress and take some pictures. You're disposable. If I find someone better, I mean divorce isn't cheap but hey. Happiness isn't either!" I may come off as a pessamist, but I am only stating what I feel is one of the biggest leaps of faith and commitments someone can ever make. I just wish people could take things more seriously and realize what they are putting in for. Faith, trust, committment, love, unselfishness, good times, bad times, and not think of it as some dream like thing. Cuz it isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment